In this project we updated the balcony this detached home in Woking, Surrey.
- Project Duration: 14 days
- Location: Woking, Surrey GU22
- Removed the existing balcony
- Add new pillars and joists
- Installed tongue and groove roof decking
- Installed Scott Bader 600g GRP (Glass Reinforced Plastic) waterproof covering
- Installed Rubbertech Step Tiles
- Installed glass balustrade and hand rails
The existing balcony was leaking badly and our client wanted us to install a new roof deck together with new GRP waterproofing, new Rubbertech Step Tiles, glass balustrade and hand rails. We hoped that it would be possible to reclaim the original timber but on inspection it was found to be full of rot and decay. Therefore, we had to strip down to the bare frame work and start again. Our client was surprised at how bad the decay was and was extremely happy with the final result.